Having never been to a Baptist Church we didn't know what to expect. I'm not really sure if it was a typical Baptist ceremony but it was nice never the less and we left feeling lifted. Once we got back we said goodbye to our new friends, Joyce, Dave, Jim and Becky. They were headed to Joyce and Jim's sister's house on Hilton for the day before heading back home. As if they hadn't been generous enough, they passed on to us what was left in their refrigerator. We wished them safe travels and moved on to our next adventure.
We jumped in our golf cart for a short ride over to Freeport Marina, which was buzzing with activity. There was an island book signing billed as the Second Annual Daufuskie Literary Throwdown. Multiple authors where there to meet folks, and sign and sell their books. They also offered up spirits, food and music. Jane and I decided to have the low country boil. I of course liked it but Jane didn't like the hard work it took to get at the shrimp. Anyhow we stuck around to listin to a couple of guitar pickers. We had pretty good seats, at least for a back view.
These are some cabins you can rent at Freeport Marina. I'm not sure if I'd stay there but perhaps they would be good for someone who came over on their boat and got to much into the island spirits.
We left Freeport and explored some more back country roads before heading back to our cottage. We spent the rest of the afternoon laying by the pool, following that up with a nice long walk on the beach. I had scoped out a fire pit area early on and tonight seemed like a good night for a fire. So here we are ending our day sitting by the fire, listening to the ocean and blogging. Oh well, enough blogging, now time for chillin.





No comments:
Post a Comment