Our Garmin says, "Please drive to your highlighted route."
Our eventual destination? Daufuskie Island, a small island near Hilton Head, South Carolina.
Hilton Head is 808 miles from our home in Ohio, and that is where we will pick up the keys to an ocean front cottage on Daufuskie. With keys in hand we will then head to Savannah where we'll meet our water taxi captain who will take us on our final leg of this part of our journey by boat to the island.
Today we will drive as much of the 808 miles that we can. It's a beautiful fall day and Fall is showing her colors against a remarkably cloudless blue sky.
We are on I77 south now and just popped in an audio book. Mark and I enjoy listening to books on long drives. Some of our past favorites include, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King, Skipping Christmas and Playing for Pizza by John Grisham, and most of the Bobby Lee Swagger novel series by Stephen Hunter. Today we are listening to another Hunter novel, I, Sniper, and I am going to sit back now, in my "copilot" seat, and listen.
An afterthought. I wonder if the reason we listen to so many books on road trips is so that Mark doesn't have to listen to me talk. Hmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment