Saturday, October 20, 2012

Leaving Daufuskie Island

Since it was our last morning on Daufuskie, we thought we would mix it up. I sat in my favorite adirondack, but Mark sat in a dining room chair, stiffly I might add.

Another beautiful morning-is there any other kind on this island?

We had to pull ourselves away from this glorious spot because we had a boat to catch. So we (really I) had to pack up our golf cart because Mark was still hurting and moving ever so carefully.

 

A barge was coming in while we waited for our water taxi. It was amazing to watch the captain "walk the dog" and bring that huge watercraft exactly where he wanted it.

 

Daufuskie Island is a magical place. Part of its appeal is that one comes and goes by way of the water. When you come here you can leave all your cares behind you. I know I am already thinking about a trip back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment